Saturday 15 October 2016

Aspects of a Tonalist landscape

Was trying this week to look at tonalist landscapes ( over the wind studies ) ...love a tonalist landscape and what I mean by that is almost a traditional , readable landscape that has dark tones in it....romantic, warm, lovely....for me.

Hmmm.....how to bring aspects of a tonal it's landscape to my more abstracted landscape ?

Tried this week, over painting old Daily paintings, trying to go to ultra light and very dark !

Like the work of Xanthippe Tsalimi, well her more obscure, could be something else landscapes. Think always that I will have to put the lightest tones down and the darkest tones down when each of the other tonal areas are dry.....really don't like the dark mixing with the white.Mmmmm.

Here they are then. And I am showing these with the thoughts that I only like a couple of them and in no way was I successful to myself with the, ' aspects of a tonal landscape. ' Need to try small.






















These are all 52 cm sq . Welland I also need to fight the size and the display.....because I have painted at th his size for so long and have the walls set out for this size, the display almost becomes repeat active, predictable. I always have th the darkest tone at the final , end painting on the bottom right hand display. Mmmm

Try.....the darkest tone to start the display, 
The darkest tone in the middle
Different sizes of paintings
More of the , ' aspects of a tonality landscape,'

Mmmmmmmmm, food for thought....




No comments:

Post a Comment