Saturday 22 October 2016

Aspects of a tonalist landscape 3

Just put up the two paintings at Emmaus Mossley to replace the sold ones. I put up the paintings at Emmaus without frames, just with two tacks in the back ...the same hanging system I use at home. It means I can literally finish the painting and hang it as soon as it's dry, like I did with the one I made on Thursday night. I seem to have to do that or else I go off them and then they get abandoned. He ho.

I didn't think that the two replacement ones fitted into the display but the paintings are where i want to be so I have the choices to make.

I made a bag to fir the 33 inch square paintings in to take down to Emmaus....all very simple....how I like it.....

Won't be returning to the paintings until this evening....had a disaster so far ! He ho


Display at Emmaus Mossley, paintings 33 inch square....think I need to replace 1, 3 and 5 ....only like 2 and 4 THISWEEK !



Bag made from old blanket to carry paintings ...with a shoulder strap ! Much easier than bubble wrap ....for me


Intending later to return to researching tonalist landscapes and what it is I want to do.....still like the idea of , ' Aspects of a tonalist landscape . '

Had a lovely paint....totally influenced by the walk today and the colours of the autumn leaves. Georgeous ! Made this one by painting over another one....' Paint overs, ' ....there is a painting on the back which I have fallen out with....might as well paint on both sides of the Mdf.....



I can see the influence of the leaves....I love some areas in this piece....the colour mixes of dark purple and golden browns. Lovely





Carried on with another 33 inch one today. Love the new Autumn palette . Don't mind the painting either, today.....will I ever do any small ones....



Also had a tidy of the paints. At the moment I buy my paints from Yorkshire purchasing company and then buy empty containers off ebay, mix the colours randomly. Love mixing new colours !



Ta da ....did the 9 small ones....loved it.....researched a little about tonalist painters .....mmmm.....loving this
The garden this morning....love this time of the year...love the colours....
The ones below are 15 cm sq. It's easier when they are small , I can get what I want in the paint....
















1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the mention of YPO on Facebook. I use a lot of paint and I didn't know about them.
    Have you tried their own brand?

    ReplyDelete