Saturday 16 April 2016

Mists in the landscape

Saturday Paint day

Took lots of photos in the mist on Wednesday. Lovely.It sat on the hills and the roads. Chose this photo to draw and paint from.


First sketch...being disclined by using graphite only....can't get the darks with graphite ( but that's a plus too ) ....put the pencil down, rubbed it out, put the pencil down again...etc


Next sketch I did half way through the big painting....just needed to refresh what I was trying to do


Painting.....I was trying to 
Match the one last week , well relate really, not match. I am still trying to get paintings that will either butt up to one another to make a very large wrap around painting , or that will stand on their own...
Get a feel of my , ' distilled paintings, ' which are calm, peaceful and grey....
Do it in an hour ( fail )

So, this is the today's painting....words and phrases that came to mind doing the painting are...
Sometimes the mist engulfs, surrounds, comforts...or is that the paint ?
Gifts in paint
have to get the sky right before doing any branch or tree...mmmm
The sky was 2 colours either side of the tree
Looking for a sense of rightness
Too cold ( the colours ) need warmth
Do not want brush strokes
Think of Norma Stevenson and her use of line in the landscape
I get it then it's gone again
Pause and breathe
Didn't want a solid tree
Like to keep it simple
Tears
The more I worked, the complicated it becomes, I wanted it simple
Did I get it ? For an instant
It's become about the hills

Dog, bless, has to get in every picture...not sure how why the photo is upside down ! 

No comments:

Post a Comment