Tuesday 12 April 2016

Figures in landscapes

Mmmm....Art group prep....figures in landscapes....?Out of comfort zone....well, get over it.....love the figures of....William Stott of Oldham, Kurt Jackson and Cathy Hegman....

Very proud of myself this week, have edited and tidied my Pinterest boards....love them....I use Pinterest daily but lots of artists I know don't use it.....I like the research and I like prepping for the Art group....it takes me out of my comfort zone of dreamy, ' happy as Larry ' landscapes....

Which comes first, the landscape or the figure ? Please yourself ! How big should the figure be ? Same....how should you paint the figure ? Anyway you want.

So I used mountboard no bigger than 12 inches square. I then did a very loose wash with a grungy colour all over the board.
Number 1...  I did the background then used a finger to paint in a figure which I promptly painted out again
Number 2...I got lost in the bushes with this one and the figure got lost too...
Number 3.... I made a sketch of my husband and son playing on the beach....I drew the figures in charcoal pencil, painted them over, drew them again , then painted them over....it was difficult to be objective becuase they are my family. I got into the memory of the day......

'' Dave Did, as always, most of the work ' of play, ' whilst Matthew wondered in his own world, ' Wonderful memories....."

21x30 cm.acrylic on mountboard.5 minute figure.

No 26x38cm.Acrylic on mount board.

The poor brush!....this is why I never buy expensive brushes...

No 3. 5 minute figure. Acrylic on board.

No comments:

Post a Comment