Sunday 15 April 2018

Start of a new financial year 2017/2018

Worked on standard sized landscapes , 52 cm sq ,this week. They seem so small after the 32 inch square pieces. My palette has changed to light, ice cream kind of colours, which I am happy with, but the paintings seem a little more abstract than usual and a lot about colours as well as a landscape. Happy in paint though.

I do paint and reaping old images. I love that, reusing older paintings.I often start off by mixing colours on the actual painting to be then put into a plastic pot. Yum. Love mixing the colours, love the actual physical mixing of the colours, rather than any colour science. I like randomness and can often not repeat a mix. I like that uncertainty.

Paint mixes on the board



A timely mix . Acrylic on board. 52 cm sq.



A distant space. Acrylic. 52 cm sq.



A gentle season. Acrylic. 52 cm sq.



Colours of land and sky. Acrylic . 52 cm sq.



Just been massively interested in displaying the paintings and how different they look on different colours. Even how different they look on the same colour in different parts of the room.mmm







Paintings going this week to Silson gallery, Harrogate.



So this week also , I had decided to make the commitment of a daily sketch throughout 2018. I love to paint. I love to create but then sometimes ,out of necessity , I haven't enough time. I don't like ( as much ) many other aspects of being an artist...the delivering of paintings....the networking....the business side....the organisation......I thought that by doing a sketch each day, at least I will be able to do exactly what I want on that day....so no limits of subject matter / medium.....these are the first few ( thought I would catalogue them on. Pinterest, just for interest....I often work on appear but then don't do anything with them only put them in the plan chest / drawers....because I never like them framed....so this little project will help me with addressing that dislike of framed work .mmmm.

These are a few of the sketches. Tonight's job is to catalogue and list them on Pinterest. Why ? No answer at this stage....perhaps to accredit them with some importance.mmm








No comments:

Post a Comment