Sunday 22 April 2018

Collections

So, this week I have carried on with the sketches / small paintings. I have enjoyed them but would have benefitted from a bigger space to spread them all out. I have played around with display on an old 34 inch square frame and although have enjoyed that have felt that it's swallowed up a chunk of time. They are time consuming to arrange and it seems to be one of those areas that's full of infinite possibilities so I have felt that I am putting the sketches down and rearranging them repeatedly. Perhaps that's something that , if I continue to work in this way, I will become more decisive. It's uncertain territory at the moment. I like them though and I like the fact that I would be using work on paper that I never normally do anything with because of the framing aspect. I often don't like my work on paper framed, although I like others framed.Mmm. Strange.

These were the sketches , sizes vary, media varies but I often end up in the paint.Mmm.

Sketch or small painting ? Well maybe neither....just work on paper, that covers it all really. I don't want to devalue the work by calling it a sketch, although the call is mine.

Like the white paper showing.

Like the texture and the warmth. The work on paper seems gloomy this week.


This was part of the underneath piece. The paper was so wet and I loved the piece when it was finished but I laid it to dry on thicker card and the paper was so wet, it stuck to the underneath card. Grrr.



Maybe I will work back into them because I seem to want to make each a finished piece before I put it into a collection

Wanted to try and get canals but unsuccessful so far....need a field trip

Also liked ripped edges alongside the cut ones. I like that I can leave the uneven edges. Just as they are.

First , 'Collection,'....I like that name , it says it all really and I like that I have used older work too. Old and new. Mmm. I like the space contained within the frame, it clarifies the collection and focuses the eye.

Collection 2.... Well it's a Landscape collection....some of them seem to be Canal collections.

Collection 3. I like the final work put together...it seems more readily able to be put together. The colour seems to make it harder.

This was thoughts of a small one. I just laid them on a donated Ikea frame, 50 cm sq. to get a picture of what they would look like. I wouldn't use an Ikea frame for the gallery though. Like it.it feels kind of like a slice of a landscape.

So, the first one I glued the work on paper with acrylic Matt medium. It seemed to make the piece as a whole quite solid. The second, I used Pritt stick because I didn't like the wetness of the acrylic Matt medium , it makes the paper a little cockles and wavy. Not sure which way to go yet.

Research.....needed.....

No comments:

Post a Comment