Sunday 29 October 2017

Urban marks 4/5

Phew. Although I have done the 30 days in urban marks, I can't seem to get out of them. So there have been more again this week. Tried a little to get into colour and those have potential too. They need putting away because I have become too close to them. Need to change what my focus is so they apcan breathe ! The images are more or less around the a4 size, some on paper, some mountboard, some board. All have different qualities.

The art group this week are looking at,' proper painting,' urban images, drawing initially done with charcoal. So this mornings piece is just done so. I drew a simple outline with charcoal and then put a wash over it ( in phlourescent pink for the hell of it ) to fix the charcoal. Painted over the drawing and for me tried to simplify the shapes and clutter that's in the photo. Will live with the resulting image.

These images need sifting, maybe selecting out ....overwhelmed by them ....too close to them....
















No comments:

Post a Comment