Sunday 15 October 2017

Urban marks (3)

So, continuing with the urban marks in any way I want, doing 30 days of urban marks. Enjoying the freedom of creating any kind of marks, some are turning into paintings in their own right, some are abstract, some are marks, hopefully with an urban flavour. I have kept working back into the pieces, can't leave them alone really ! These are today's, either new ones or worked back into ones.










Some are on mountcard, some on paper, some on Mdf. We will see where they go but I think they need recording now....I will use Pinterest for this, creating a board of Urban marks.

I am at this stage trying to keep the critiquing to the good points for fear of blocking the work. 
So, half way through the 30 days of urban marks I have reached some conclusions....

It's easier to create urban with black rather than bright colour.
I have enjoyed the freedom of creating something that could be a mark or a painting , a literal piece or an abstract piece.
I have liked working small
It's been a good excersise for me and it has allowed certain ideas to formulate eg it seems that there are a few natural small series of work eg paper work mounted with a wide mount and black frame, work on Mdf with a simple tray frame, abstract marks, glazed work, black and white ink work. Lots really. 

No comments:

Post a Comment