Saturday 1 April 2017

Spring greens

In a lull with the painting at the moment. Nothing feel like it's working. He ho. When I read all the information about maintaining your practice , it tells me that I should aim for 2 to 3 paintings per week. That's ok. I have slowed down but sometimes you need to in order to give thought to what it is you want.

So to the paint. I wanted a combination of pink and green. Still not resolved that interest. I like a salmons pink, not a sugary pink. These were the words of the painting...
Love the combination of pink and green
Love the pink
Hate the green ( light olive green ...too bright )
Wanted ochre
Wanted something dark ( paynes grey...didn't work)
Ugh
Need some different tones
Just keep putting the paint down
Feel the angst  /flux
Trying to alter the square space from it's predictability....use diagonals...not just ups and downs....probably paint over this one....leave It to breathe overnight....

No comments:

Post a Comment