Saturday 22 April 2017

Spring greens ( 3 )

Trying to change direction on the paint....more difficult than I thought, because I paint intuitively, the paintings come out as they do, rather than me deciding which direction to go in. It's fine, I think that the only way is to paint a lot and try to nudge it somewhere else, not that I know which direction I want to go in...research what I like in other people's paintings.

These are today's ( and yesterday's )paint overs, 33 inches square.I wanted greens, I wanted warmth. Maybe I have produced another two paintings that will be destined for the paint over pile !

Acrylic, 33 inches sq. ' the colours of my landscape,'
What do I like.....that it's different than the others gone before....the richness....some of huge textures made by scraping the paint.... It's important for me that I live with it for a few days.....


This was today's acrylic, 33 inches sq.working title,' not my landscape,' .....what did I like...the richness...the textures...the warmth of the creamy/ grey colour....not sure it is a cohesive painting...live with it...


Just explaining that my studio chair, a comfortable black office armchair , with arms,is also my easel .  I prop the paintings up on the chair and have put grey parcel tape on huge arms to stop the paintings slipping. I much prefer this to the easel. It works for me !

No comments:

Post a Comment