Saturday 25 March 2017

Quiet landscape. Second series

Often , when I have done a series of paintings, I am eager to go somewhere else with them. Not so the Quiet landscapes. I still feel quiet and want to be surrounded by my paintings of Quiet landscapes. We will see then if I make another series of them.

Colours that are quiet ? Grey, white, cool colours ore than warm. Interesting to think of colours as , ' quiet ,' or the opposite.

I revist all the time, adding layers to the old paintings. I win some. I lose some. That's how it goes. And I like paintings almost that I ink are finished but that I don't really like, so that I have nothing to lose on revisiting them, making them bolder....or quieter dependant on my mood.

I have been influenced by the bright Spring light today...gorgeous walk...cold though. So the go to colour today was a very pale cool ice blue. Gorgeous. In revisiting the two paintings today, I put the paint down and then wipe it off. Repeat as many times as needed. You can never wipe the whole layer off with acrylic...it's very sticky paint so always some remains unless I swill it with water.

The colours seemed darker on the photographs , darker than the actual a
Painting.

I might have thought these were finished at one time...but clearly not today. 
Scratching into the work often with a printmaking tool that looks like a weapon gives me a time out and stops me putting the paint down too quickly .

Thesea re both my preferred size 52 cm sq. 

Going to have a full paint day tomorrow, have a display todo put up in huge Art lounge ( back room)...a deadline is often good for spurring me on....

No comments:

Post a Comment