Saturday 25 February 2017

Quiet landscape .2

So today I am trying some smaller pieces in the Quiet landscape series, 12 inches square and 2 inches deep, kind of boxes. I like them...but first recapping the two paintings from this week...

I wanted paintings that were interchangeable in the display...because I want to finish some with my usual frame on the back and try some in actual frames, which is so hard for me. I prefer the paintings without frames ...but some galleries want them framed, so I can only try.

What do I want in paint ? Grey, green, pink, abstract landscape. Not much then ! And , of course, a little more dark tone and I want to collect the poem lines ( sometimes I do catch the stream of conciousness words that come whilst I am painting....I write them down as they come to me...they seem like lines of poetry ! )

First stages...putting down the paint, waiting for something to appear in the painting. I paint flat usually with all the premixed paints around.


The garden and woods are stiped today !


Generally paint flat, occasionally tipping it up or put it on the easel. The painting is 52 cm sq.



' I like the combination of chaos and calm that the landscape prescribes each day,' acrylic on board, 52 cm sq.

Words that come to mind...
The mixes on the brush make their own colours
Ochreness
Every time I go into the studio , I have this performance anxiety ! I think...' I hope I can paint today ! 'I like wet in wet painting...less control
I like the combination of chaos and calm that the landscape prescribes each day...
I like the contrast of transparent paint and opaque paint.. They make each other look good.
Collecting the landscape
Swathes of green
A memory, a moment
Newspaper grey ( love the colour of the newspaper...it brings it's own association
The wood in the sky
Of course there's always trees
I love how the marks make themselves

Echoes of. A bigger landscapes
Love the landscape, love the paint, love the random marks that the landscape makes




Put the painting into the display of, ' quiet landscapes,' 



This was the second of the week...May paint over ( should say that at the he end of each post because it always applies....looking forward to a painting day tomorrow but have lots of backs and strings to put on the finished work.....he ho


No comments:

Post a Comment