Saturday 18 February 2017

A Quiet Landscape

Enjoying the paint. Loving the Quiet landscapes although they have gone a little pink or rosy ! Researched pink landscapes a little with out much major success. But I didn't have much success researching quiet landscapes...I found a few artists ( see my Pinterest boards ) but had to search really...nothing that spoke to me in terms of Art or poetry....interesting ( well to me anyway ) but compared to , for example, tonalist paintings , where I appreciate lots of Art.

I have been interested in almost , ' refreshing, ' old sketches...I did quite a lot this shape that went straight accross the board. I like the format and still am trying to get it to work in an actual decent frame for the galleries. Try again !

This is a sketch ( what's a sketch ? ) placed on board. I think of these as sketches even though I do work back into them. Perhaps it's because they are on paper. Unsure. It's just a label...but often these labels are confusing...sketch...study...work on paper...mmmm

Below is the current display of sketches at Emmaus Mossley. I have displayed my work and the work of the Art group at Emmaus Mossley for years, giving a voluntary donation to Emmaus for any sold. But now, I want to concentrate on working for galleries so I am planning to display and have some kind of event or Open studio at Emmaus once a year. I still will run the Art group and Upcycling group there. So big thank you to Emmaus Mossley for letting me do this and the display will be up until the beginning of a March.

The display is simply board painted white with the sketches pinned on. I like the format. I like the fact that I am looking at something other than a traditionally mounted and framed piece.



I was trying to bring in pinks, deliberately, working towards a display of 8 paintings together in the Art lounge ( back room ).... The greens in the landscape have altered so much this week, in anticipation of a next season. 

Acrylic on board, 52 cm sq. ' Anticipation of Spring. '

Mixing the greens has been just lovely this week. ' A quiet smile ' acrylic and ink on board, 52 cm sq.


Put the display up. It's a lot of paintings to put together but that's ok. I made a quiet sign out of card and mountcard ( print the right sized letters off the computer , cut them out of thin card and stick them to a piece of mountcard. Paint them )

When I look at this display ( the last one was actually a tonalist painting ) I do feel that they are ' quiet landscapes,' I wanted quiet, reflection, meditative, still, little abstract....and in the main that's what I got. Some were quieter than others...maybe the cooler in colour the painting was, the quieter it was also. I am sure I will return to a quiet landscape.......

No comments:

Post a Comment