Saturday 24 September 2016

Reflection

Trying to keep out of the My North project to allow some space / marinating time ....just so I can see it a little clearer. Trying to pull together a landscape display for Emmaus where I am the resident artist. I have a space in have showroom to display my work and the work of the Art group I facilitate there. Love it.

What do I want today....tonalist landscape ( love em ) romantic, dramatic, warm, colour....
And yet, I fancy greys....always like a grey landscape....will see what comes out....these are the words that came to me whilst I painted.....sometimes I collect the words....sometimes I let them go....

Just put the paint down
Try different greys
Morning painting...light ?
Immediately I am flirted into Helen Booth / Sonia Stanyard...love their work...
Got an hour ( time binding good for me and my creativity )
Look back at my distilled landscapes
Put the paint down in layers
Let it slightly dry off...go again
Keep what you want in mind
Love thick layers of paint to play with
Scratch
Abstract
Feel it
Don't worry
Feel the wind
Very often I don't go down to the darkest tone
Supposed to be doing a tonalist landscape
Let it dry
Is there any warmth ?
Don't mind the texture just don't want the brush strokes
There's no warmth in it at all
How dark can a green go without  it being black ?
Keep getting a horizon
Don't want a horizon
Try small ones to loosen up
Phew


Feel the wind. Acrylic .33 inches square on board. Mmmmm. Come back to it later on....

At Emmaus Mossley where I am the resident artist, I often come into donations passed up to me to see if I can use them in the Upcycling group or the Art group. This week a whole box of someone's Old Art stuff has come in. Loads of old paper that has gone cream with age, sketch books, notes of someone's Art course. It's lovely to look through and one of our Upcycling volunteers. Jean suggested putting together journal packs for selling in the showroom. 







This was called , ' a triatese on lettering, ' 




Love it ! 


So, had a massive full on paint today. Enjoyed the paint but not so much the images....maybe will have to paint over them tomorrow. The one above I painted over but actually preferred it before I reworked it ...and reworked it etc he ho.... These are 33 inch square paintings in acrylic. I think of them as big sketches......hung them in the Art lounge to , ' live with them.' I remember this morning wanting tonalist landscapes ...or greys ! They go there own way  and today they went green ! There

are loads of lovely greens around though and weather lovely ...









Also blue tacked most of the mills to the Art lounge wall. Defo had rusty landscape fingers today. Need to go small to try again....




No comments:

Post a Comment