Sunday 18 September 2016

Northern Women

Not sure of the title of the piece from yesterday yet....never normally have this problem but just need to let it be for a while, something will come.....tried arranging a frame and photographs on a very neutral landscape painting. Absolutely loved it.Loved incorporating the landscape painting into the work.....finally brought the hills into the , ' my North , ' project.....I have not been able to so far

Neutral landscape painting with frame ( from Emmaus Mossley ) and old photos.....

Paintings made directly onto old photographs ( I have so many that I don't know who they are or where they are.....


I have replaced about 8 of the photographs now....Have I managed to keep the same flavour ? Live with it for a while before answering...using inks but finding it hard to achieve the very light sepia notes .mmmmm

This was the piece from yesterday. I still love it ...maybe the title should be, ' Northern women.' They were all Northern women that the paintings were of. I had started painting my own female line but it got wider than that....

No comments:

Post a Comment