Saturday 17 September 2016

Progression , ' What are they trying to tell me ? '

Because I run a weekly Art group (  I have done that for about 14 years so we have knocked the corners off each other ) I usually have to come up with ideas each week and what I do in the Art group at Emmaus massively feeds into my own work. This week we looked at tissue....using a glue stick, I put the tissue down and then either using a pen or an outliner, I scribbled over it with loose kind of floral shapes and painted the resulting shapes with inks ( ugh on their own....colours garish....but the inks are jewel like on the tissue) ....I then painted over most of it with pale acrylic to cover the ink up !





I tried the techniques in the Northern project but it was ugh ugh.

My North

Progression is such a relative concept ! I feel like I have massively moved up a notch with this, ' My North,' project. I comtinued too work in sepia and white ( love it, love it ! ) but altered the format of
the work to reflect more the photograph shapes....worked smaller too....this is the piece to date.

I like....
The colour... Sepia sand white
The size and scale of the piece
That it can go round a corner
The placement of the images, tumbling out of an empty frame
I am not so sure of...
The colour of the frame...maybe a little dark
What does it make me think of ?
The past
The women of the past
The love that I feel from those women
Mmmm will live with it !


I love the piece hung round the corner in the Art lounge but the photo hasn't come out as well...

I am still playing catch up with this piece....not sure what it's about.....but I love it TODAY ...

Collected some more frames and odd bits of wood at Emmaus this week to try and display the work in .....think I am still confused about how the final display will look....I can't quite get the looser displays to work in my mind with the grids that I have done before...he ho !


Need to paint tomorrow.....try a landscape to help me step backs a bit from this project to help me see clearer !



No comments:

Post a Comment