Saturday 25 June 2016

Getting ready for Holmfirth tomorrow

Loved this piece in the display cabinet.

I like....
The fact that it could still be a display cabinet...I haven't radically altered it...
I like the paintings in it..... Some of them are precious to me....

I could try....to decoupage the outside of the cupboard....or the inside....try different sizes of paintings / display cabinets......

Done a Daily walk painting today. Phew....seemed hard...took me ages to get the right balance of
realism and abstraction. Went for another walk and hoped that the painting stayed the same and I
liked it, whilst out. Sun was out, watched cricket at Greenfield . Lovely day.




What do I like about this.....
The size
The simplicity
The textures
I like that it could be a few special places

It's a challenge to switch between the small and the large pieces. I can be much freer ( if that's a word ) with the small pieces, simply because of the physicality of the process, the size of the brushes etc.

I am going to put this one into Holmfirth tomorrow, together with another the same size.It was 
amazing this week to be so undecided about the pieces to put in the show.... I felt that I hadn't got anything to show! Mmmm. Strange. 


Below....My North dailies....these were the reference photos I used. Holidays ! 
First one..Me and Mum playing shops on the beach
Second one.....cold sea...me with a yellow kind of seersucker costume on
Third one...Me huddling into Mum, auntie and cousin.



Cold Summer seas



Memories of playing shops



We used to play shops on the beach...the pebbles were groceries and money . Loved it !



Me huddled into Mum !



Sometimes the memories get mixed up



Lots of rain and sheltering in the amusements !
When I was little my Dad always wore a trilby.

My Dad wore a trilby and an overcoat the same as all the other Dad's !



Made these pieces using photographic paper ( both sides ) sumi ink, pencil, acrylic and varnish. Loved it.

What did I like about them....
The lines in the paint seem to feel like times gone by !
I like the limited palette of acidly pink and sagely green
The ambiguity of the figures
Loved them....TODAY







No comments:

Post a Comment