Saturday 18 June 2016

Done about 60 of, ' My North , ' series and My North display

Worked on the textured images for most of this week, worked back into them quite a few times, so they weren't strictly Daily Paintings. That's Ok. Want to get to the 100 mark now with these images because I want to work out how to show them.....because they are all the same size, if I am not careful the display will be monotonous and repetitive and boring ! That will be the interest then... Getting a display to look interesting, coherent and relevant.Mmmmm, not much to ask then....

I have forgotten all about smog...but it made you see things from your imagination.....



The flats came and replaced the mills



The streets look the same as they did..... Children play as we did



Over time you don't see the flats... they fade



Grey and black blocks



Northern textures



The mills held their own secrets



At times the streets were empty....then the mill shift finished



The prams were outside on the pavements all day



I don't remember my Mum putting a basin on my head to cut my hair, but it looked like she did.



The lines represent the passage of time



L like how the figure has broken up



We watched



Honest, the photos came out like this, missing heads, blurred bodies.

I had tried photocopying two of the pieces , as large as they could go on the machine in the Art shop ( about 12 inches square) ... Really liked them .... The textures were different but exciting. Mmmm...food for thought.

IDEAS FOR DISPLAY
Use furniture as a support...decoupage the photocopies onto a table/ drawers/ cupboard
Use a cupboard as a display cabinet ( like we all had in our front rooms, full of the best china ! )
Decoupage a mirror
Look at displays of photographs
Try a display ladder of some sort... That I can just prop up

Try them all.... And enjoy it.....but finish the 100 before you do....

Tried a cabinet. Painted it grey and black inside. Love it. I like....
The cabinet itself....it was dark brown wood ugh before
I like the paintings in it
I am ok with the fact that you can't quite see all the paintings
It reminds me of the display cabinet that most of us had in the front room ( room was unused apart from visitors ) filled with China that was used at Christmas.....

Love it .....


No comments:

Post a Comment