Saturday 6 January 2018

Whispering greys ( 5)

Another week, another couple of paintings. Still basically unhappy with what I am producing but he Ho, that's part of an artist's condition. Still in greys, I love greys. We worked in graphite on gesso in the art group on Wednesday.Nice. A series of them would be nice too. My demonstration drawing was quiet, empty, slightly melancholic......all the thing so love. I had been looking at the work of Laurie Steen and Helen Acklam. Both wonderful.



This was the drawing. I used a 2 b pencil but did add water to the mix. The wooden screen printing tool is what I have been using for making straight marks on the works.

Still working on the 32 inch square canvases. I have 10, so I am just working back into them repeatedly. It's easier to work intuitively on a smaller piece, I seem to have todo have some kind of a plan before starting these bigger ones. Mmm. Just keep trying.

I like...the drips, the subtlety, the greys. I need to question....is it finished ? Does it need more lights and darks ? Is it too subtle. Answer...live with it.

This was today's. I was trying to include a darker tone . I like...the drips ( I have got a little preoccupied with drips ) the scratchy marks made with the etching tools, the mixture of colours, gold and grey. 

These were the first two canvases. I still like them 2 weeks on. They don't photograph well though. Interesting. The light has been dark, or at least when the light has been bright I haven't been able to get to photograph them.


No comments:

Post a Comment