Sunday 21 January 2018

Whispering greys 7

Repaints on the canvases , again this week. Phew. Changing from board to canvas has been very, very hard. I have wanted to bail out of the canvas soo many times and go back into the trusty board. But I haven't. These five paintings have had the record number of repaints and, ' working back into,' than any of the paintings I think I have ever done. And with each application of paint, they have gone paler and paler. Mmm. So these are today's. Again touched up the same 5 canvases but getting a little more confident at handling the paint on the canvas.
Two of the canvases ( 32 inch ) on the Art lounge chimney breast. To be lived with.




32 inch square acrylic on canvas...I like..the size, the colours ( the greens and the lilacs ) the shivery ness of the piece...the layers....live with it



This has had so many incarnations. But living with it now ( which seems to be quite a long process with these canvas ones ) I like ....the colours, the balance between the lilacs and the warm greens )


Maybe I need to title them to take them a stage further now....this one is a dream landscape...soft...soft focus....drips....I like a lot although still feel unsure about whether it's done.


Still unsure of this one...needs more living with.



Another dreamy one....they all tie together so much,it's hard to see where one ends and another begins. Work on the titles.

Back to small ones now to work out where I am going with them. With each paint application , I have taken away the dark tones and the tonal contrasts. Mmm. Strange kind of occupation this painting malarkey. So unsure of what you are doing, where you are going, how you are going to get there, have you arrived. But that's what I like as an artist.Mmm

Right, so on a lighter note, part of my, ' day job,' is to run an Upcycling group for Emmaus Mossley, a group of around 20 volunteers who come each week to upcyle donated furniture and bric a brac. We paint furniture, make cards, sew, knit, laugh etc And bring in an income for Emmaus Mossley. So, part of my role is to come up with card ideas for our hand painted card range. These were this weeks.
 Painting pinks ( as in the flowers ) .......



The pinks.....my husband had on his supermarket list, bunch of reduced flowers....he picked these and brought the hem home. I have never painted a pink in my life ! I didn't want to either....



These were the images I came up with using as a background some of the papers my 19 month granddaughter creates . She loves to sit at my Art table drawing and painting, filling sketchbook after sketchbook....we have masses.....using her backgrounds with a simple drawing on top really worked. I love them.




Granddaughter and her Uncle at our Art space.Mmmm


Granddaughters backgrounds with a light wash over.




More card images for Upcycling.....tried a wren. Mmmmm. 



No comments:

Post a Comment