Saturday 24 June 2017

Landstills 52 cm square

I wanted to use one of the 15 cm sq. pieces as a starting point for a larger, 52 cm square piece. This is the 15 cm piece I chose ...

 I like....the colours...the warmth...most of the marks....will it transfer to a bigger piece...

This was the first one, painted over an old 52 cm sq. I like...the feeling of space...the colours and warmth....maybe I need a little more lighter tone...will love with it for a few days...

This was the second...mmmm....I like...the grey base ( the painting I painted over was predominantly grey ) it seems to harmonise with any colour put on top of it...the colours...the warmth...it seems a simple landscape so not sure about it but keep going, I have become interested in the relationship between the yellows and the pinks...Mmm , research....the painting readily feels like an evening piece...maybe a series on evening pieces....I like that title looks different when I took an image of it and looked at it on screen...it brought the piece into focus...live with it a few days and research evening paintings ( back to nocturnes maybe ? )

No comments:

Post a Comment