Sunday 11 June 2017

A morning breath

Winds...winds...winds....
Tried to consider a larger piece , trying to catch the wind. Had been keeping a diary of the weather but of course, Sod's law, the wind was nowhere ! So that didn't work. I did fins it interesting to consider what colour the wind was on any given day....that was interesting to think about the wind in terms of colour....I didn't seem to have a problem recognising the colour of the wind....I think also it would become easier the more you did it....maybe I should look at the wind also in terms of adjectives that wouldn't neccessarily be used for wind....randomly select some from thed in tigon art to see how that plays out....

Definition of wind in the dictionary....' The per ceptable natural movement of the air,' nice...

So this morning reviewed the research and the paintings done already. Looked at the poems I researched ( I usually read the poems and then mark them overall out of 10... As I read them, I select out the lines of poetry that resonate and just note them down ) ...the line that has stayed with me was from a poem by Christina Rossetti, ' Who has seen the wind Neither you nor I ,'

I tried the bigger piece, mixed up some greeny grey colour ( white, ochre, black ...always a massive favorite ) whats that colour called ? But it seems to be a mainstay of my palette....and mixed some cream, just ochre and white, very bright....just going to paint and collect the words..... The R 's are a note to myself to research further when I have finished painting

Blue grey
Green grey
Still winds ...R
Pale, almost non existing paintings...R
Poetry..I know that a whole poem doesn't ever do it for me....just lines of a poem
Paint one painting at a time and collect the words
Need a green grey ( black, white, ochre ) try different ratios of the individual colours ...R
I seem to want the wind to be horizontal
Need a cream
a morning wind
Don't want the word wind in the title
Pale, pale ,pale
Scratches
Need darkness
Can you have a, ' still wind,'
Mistake to look at one corner ( for me it never works if I look at one area of a painting, must always look at the whole,'
It's so hard for me to leave brush marks
Laid the wind over the landscape
Like a skyline
Can you have too much blending ?
Don't like the marks, keep wanting to blend them out
This mornings painting is definitely a reaction to darker tonalist feel of the current display
So subtle
Feel like if I carried on putting down the paint , I would return the board to a blank canvas kind of a feel. Mmmm

This is the present display of 52 cm sq. Paintings

This is the days work, ' Morning breath, ' 33 inches suare. Tried photos in different places.

No comments:

Post a Comment