Saturday 10 December 2016

Greys 3 and My North Christmas tree

Mixed up week this week ( in art ) ...that's fine. Continued to look at greys, mixed greys, ordered greys, enjoyed greys.....found it near impossible to get the greys to work on small 15 cm pieces....try 12 inch squares. This one was 52 cm sq.  A, fugue , almost of veridian and crimson, a mix that produces this wonder ours grey.....love it

The paintings does seem sombre but I have been determined to not put any more light in until I have done 8 to see how they fit together. Don't you need to challenge yourself as an artist in order to grow / progress ?



Mixing greys, greys, greys. Love the mixing and don't often do anything like this but greys seem really difficult colours to remember....try testing myself....it's only when you put them all together that you can see the massive difference in colour and tone.....



This is a little light relief....bought quite a few frames and bits of oddities at Emmaus this week to try out a Christmas tree of my Art on the Art lounge chimney breast. It may or may not work....



I did this last night....marked out the Christmas tree shape with wool which I intend to remove after and arranged frames and light up scrabble letters ( Sainsburys ) to fill in the shape. My next task is to paint images to go in the frames and paint the frames if I need to. Not sure which way it is going yet but I cannot get into the studio to work until late afternoon... So will carry on later.........


Finished it ! Took longer than I expected...he ho....used prints of the, ' My North,' series and also old discarded work. I included all the aspects of the , ' My North ,' series ...mills....ladies...hills....landscape....photos aren't so good so will try in the light tomorrow.


I took each frame down individually , painted it and put the art in....it felt right to limit the colour to a greeny grey....to critique it...It might work better bigger...I like the grey....you can't really see the individual pieces of art....it's very , ' Grandmas front room, ' ...but that might also be because there are other pieces of a similar vein up in the Art lounge.....

No comments:

Post a Comment