Saturday 3 December 2016

Greys 2

Poem Lines
( 33 inch square acrylic on board) the name of the series comes from the words that come into my mind when I am painting. I can encourage these words and often do by just keeping a notebook and pencil at the side of my painting....or I can discourage the words by ignoring them when they come into my mind. Overall, I like the poem lines....that's just what they feel like to me....not complete poetry, I don't want to write a complete poem, but rather lines of poetry !

So, catching the word on this one....
Thinking about horizons and tonal paintings...see what comes out...often like a dark underpainting, so mix the darks on top of an old painting....used a mix of Daler Rowney black and red which produces a warm brown that I love...returning to poem lines in a way, to slow myself down, rather than painting the Daily walks, a quicker process....
Trying to get out of tonal it's paintings into horizons...
It's the push and pull of the landscape..and the paint
An orange burst of foliage
It seems about texture
Doesn't seem like winter
But it doesn't seem like winter outside either...sunny georgeous
What to do with the rest of it
Sometimes I am only interested in the top line
I don't think of ot as light when I paint it...just paint
It becomes light after time
Patches of light
My creative process....unsure of what I want, nervous hesitancy in the paint, burst of confidence, nervous hesitancy, unsure about finished piece !!!
Mmmm

Went back into this today...it had got too abstract...pulled it back a bit to the landscape....



What would I call it....' I don't think of it as light, just paint.' If I am critiquing it, it's very understated ...I won't know if it's too understated until a few days have passed.



This was last nights and this mornings...I wanted to try a , ' Friday night practice, like , I think Jeanne Myers. ' It is just that....if there's no pressure to produce a finished piece....just enjoyment in the paint.I didn't collect the words last night, but still the title came this morning, ' Patches of light.' Reminds me of the Distilled landscape series....need to revisit some of those and also try some smaller studies...... Try to glaze some colour/ oils/light into the pieces.....carry on !

No comments:

Post a Comment