Sunday 13 March 2016

Poem lines...the bigger pictures

Lovely week in paint. Did have a few wobbles thinking the muse had deserted me....or was that just my need for a bit of drama.

So, trying to make bigger pictures from the 50 little landscapes......Mmmm. Thoughts.....
Cannot cover the whole painting in one as I would with the small ones....
Have to think a bit more about what goes where, so a it more deliberate thought about the work
Haven't got enough boards......hate going to B and Q need a PA
Have to reorganise work space to cope with bigger pictures. Mmmmmm



The notebook there is to capture my words as I paint. Think I need to do 50 more little landscapes with my words on .



Have been trying to eg the bigger pictures to but up to one another as these three do. But they are going their own way and not matching up ....he ho.....it's not really that I want them to match but rather that I want them to relate to each other so that they can but up to one another to make a big big painting.





It did strike me that the paintings that I do for the Art lounge ( my relaxing space ) need to blend in to the surroundings and add to the feeling of calm in the room. I never want drama in a painting for the Art lounge. It might well be different when I display maybe 5 or 6 on the Art wall at Emmaus .





This one I did before I started collecting the words.



Poem Lines
Listen to the paint....it tells a story of 1,000 decisions.
The landscape makes you cry.....or is that the paint
I'm looking for something elusive
Quick to scarper away from the day
Can't write quick enough
Where are we going
Where is it going
Paint drying
At certain times in the day space is required
Sometimes there is a need for horizontals
At times it's got to be dry

I like an uncertain outcome

The same landscape here a time gone by 
Parts of the same landscape

Mmmmm



Poem lines
Space as always
It's just me looking for the drama
Lost the muse
Remember it doesn't work if I try to match them
Paint them and then relate them
Love the paint
Don't block yourself
The landscape is a feeling
Just one little brushstroke and it goes a completely different way
The small marks add to the bigger picture
I like the they move in and out of the paint

I like the different perspectives





Of course there are too many words.... they will need editing to be of use......but I don't really want to write poetry.....

Poem lined...the Bigger pictures.....' the colour's there, we just have to look. A side. ' 33 inch square, acrylic on board


No comments:

Post a Comment