Sunday 20 March 2016

Poem lines continued

Another week gone by. Good week in paint ! Put up the display of paintings at Emmaus Mossley. I picked the dark grey without trying my paintings on ..... Took a risk but loved them on that dark background. The letters above the paintings I just enlarged and narrowed Times New Roman letters and cut them out in mountcard. I then just painted them with black masonry paint because I wanted a mat finish. The paintings are priced between £100 and £120.


Thoughts.......
Hard work but rewarding.
I had painted these for our bedroom but my husband likes a more literal image, so will have to paint some some more !
Couldn't get them to match up or relate to each other, needed more time. Try that again though.



Back onto smaller ones this week, using my words rather than someone else's poetry. Enjoyed them, as always and tried different colour mounts...... Overall though with the new background colours they look a little pretty. I din't want pretty. Try some grungier colours.

Thoughts
How many do I want to do? .... although they are enjoyable, I would have to sell them for around the £5 mark to make it worthwhile. People though still see them as cards, rather than the paintings that they are. Mmmmm

No comments:

Post a Comment