Tuesday 25 August 2015

Art Lounge and fed up

When I am researching, it annoys me immensely when I find an exiting blog and it just ends. Well, in a way, that's what I have done. I loved the Daily painting project but it still seems pointless to do anymore paintings if the ones that I have done don't go anywhere. As an artist, you do ask yourself, ' would I continue if no-one wanted my work ? ' we all do our art for a set of reasons.......because we love to create......because it makes us happy ( well sometimes ) .....because it gives us an income ( well if I did it for the money , I would defo do something else ) so, this , in a way, is a test. If the Daily paintings are strong enough , they will return.....

I am enjoying turning my house into a galley..... This now is the Art lounge ......

Big scrabble letters made out of the backs of books
Day bed made out of a bed with two crates at either end ( that hold paintings ) It's ten foot long.
Drawers from Emmaus charity shop
Chair, still a work in progress
Tall lamp with a frame around it ( love it ) made with surplus bed slats from Emmaus
Small storage made from a wine rack. I made long , slim cardboard boxes that are ideal for my brushes etc






















Love it.

1 comment: