Tuesday 15 July 2014


These are the 6 daily paintings I have done so far this week. I feel that the project is plateauing, that I am not as interested in the Daily paintings. Maybe the muse gone ! Get over it ! I much prefer the daily sketches this week !

This is about right for my creative process. I love the start of a project and the adrenalin rush it gives me but then somehow the creative energy runs out and the project plateaus. I need to work through this.

Why did I start this project ?

To push along my landscape painting - tick
To create a new body of work - tick
To make the paintings in a half hour - sometimes a tick
To increase my online presence - tick
To ultimately increase my income from my painting - no tick

What to do ?
Vary sizes
Work in oils
 Do figures
Return to the paintings at the beginning of the project
Get the work critiqued by artist's friends
Work on a display for a different room or a background of a different colour - will try this one .



No comments:

Post a Comment