Tuesday 1 July 2014


For the daily paintings this week I am trying watercolours. I am also looking back to last weeks paintings to see if I can go a little deeper into the subject.The work is done on thick watercolour paper. I wet both side of the paper before I paint so it doesn't cockle. Alternatively, if I don't want the paper to move at all, I paste it to board. The first picture shows the washes and to get some texture into what could be a tree area, I put the paint on through jay cloth. Sometimes then I would take it off straightaway, other times I would leave it to dry.

I have got rusty fingers with the watercolours. I am a massive fan of xavier Swolf's work and Kurt Jackson.i just couldn't get the dark tones in the watercolour so ended up in acrylic which seem comparatively dead and flat.

Try again.

No comments:

Post a Comment