Sunday 6 May 2018

Collections 3

Lovely , sunny day. Hope that filters through and makes my palette lighter and more colourful. The paintings this week seem somber and serious.Mmm. Will keep going this week to see if there is a natural change in my colours or if I have to do something more drastic ( like hide my natural, go to colours of grungy greens and umbers.

The first two are the 32 inch canvases. I have them displayed in the Art lounge and I keep flip flopping about whether I like them or not....it could just be the context they are in, the colours in the Art lounge may not support them.i know enough about my creative process to know that just because I am undecided about them does not mean that I reject them entirely. Just live with them.

Among the dark hills. Acrylic on canvas. 32 inch sq.



A distilled sky. Acrylic on canvas, 32 inches sq.

Sketch. I have managed to paint/ sketch every day to build up a collection of work on paper to make the collages from.

So, this is a collection of sketches / small work stuck together. I am looking at ways to display the work on paper without glass so I have stuck the sketches together as I wanted them, drawn round them onto mount board and made a wooden frame on the back of the mount board. I am just at the point of letting it dry out now but the intention is to stretch cotton canvas over the frame and then mount the sketches onto the canvas. I like the idea of the different shaped canvas and I like the idea that I could then make them into a longer piece by making another canvas and displaying them together. Will see if it works. Hope it does and feel quite excited about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment