Saturday 16 December 2017

Whispering greys (3)

These were the photos of the small 15 cm sq. trees. Loved them.
















Whispering greys.....had ordered 10 canvas panels at 32 inches square. Trying to paint the ten over Christmas and New Year, to help my techniques of painting on the canvas develop. Hard work but enjoyable. Mixed some greys and off I went. Theses were the two I painted this week but I am sure I will paint them over, I didn't actually like them as much as the ones done on the old canvases last week. Mmm. Typical.

This was the first one. I was trying really to think about three previous painting, which I actually hadn't liked that much anyway. I don't  mind this one....TODAY...live with it.....I like... The drips ( as always ) ... The greys....the scrubbed in thin washes of paint......

This was the second but doesn't have much going for it at three moment....but, in a way, I like that I am painting rubbish paintings knowing that they will be painted over, so I could think of these as a first layer. 


No comments:

Post a Comment