Saturday 28 January 2017

Grey 11

Again, still in greys this week and empty, quiet landscapes. Thought this week that I will do a series of , ' Quiet landscapes.' I like the concept...I like the greys...I like the thought of the research around quiet landscapes.Mmm something to look forward to...

Still having major problems with the lighting of the works...the times that I have been able to photograph paintings are the times this week that the sky has been grey, grey, grey. Lovely to me as an artist...hopeless to take photographs outside of the paintings ! He ho...

These are this weeks work...I am actually trying to move slightly out of greys ( I definately get addicted to certain colours and then subconsciously pick them all the time....it requires a strong act of will to get out of huge colour addiction ! He ho

Thinking about quiet landscapes...which artists ? Fred Cuming, John Felsing, Lena Armstrand, Rachel sudworth, Sonia Stanyard....research....when I look at some of mine , I see a quiet landscape in some of them....what do I think of these this week, quiet, calm, reflective, introspective, grey......

33 inch sq. Acrylic on board, ' A space inbetween a landscape and a mood.'


 52 cm sq. Acrylic on board. ' A grey with prettiness.'
52 cm sq. ,' a quiet drama.'

52 cm sq. , ' A lightness of feel.'

A very poor photo of the Art lounge... I am putting up the ,' Quiet lanscape series as we speak.'

Oh I remember looking at Thomas Aquinas Daley's landscapes,' painting Natures quiet places,' gorgeous. Research and go small to enjoy them and try and complete a series then close it and onto the next !

No comments:

Post a Comment