Saturday 12 November 2016

Moving out of tonalist landscapes

Had a fed up week in art...it happens.....no reason....just lost my way......go back to plan and be clear about what it is I want from the art.....at the moment....

Painted over two 33 inch boards.....liked them a little better...TODAY....May be the opposite tomorrow ! Do think I have learned from doing the tonalist studies....seem to be more aware of the tones and looked at both of these paintings this morning and immediately thought I needed more lights and darks.....didn't take a photo of them before though....

The dark is a dark purple I mixed. I love that...



This one hasn't got enough of a landscape feel to it yet....feels too abstract , not an abstracted landscape.....

Considering my mood, my painting was never going to fill me with joy today....try later.....what can I do ? 
Mix some new colours
Just put colour down
Try two smaller ones for the Art lounge...good idea....



Altered the display in the Art lounge to include four of the newer ones with four older Dailies. It's dark but there is a warmth to it. 


Below are this weeks tonalist studies, 15 cm sq. Sumi ink over acrylic paint.















No comments:

Post a Comment