Saturday 19 November 2016

Moving into horizons

Up and down week in the Art.....still loving the warm darks that I have created in the tonalist paintings..... Had a lovely paint in the Art group on Wednesday, finger painted robins and we had such a laugh!!! The robins came out with their own attitudes / personalities/ stories....it was unbelievable.....we are going to continue with finger painting next week...landscapes this time....can't wait....





This was my Northern robin !  I love it .....painted over an old painting...it just came to life....it looks as though it's fed up and has a long way to go, trudging through the landscape....ha ha

Today's paint was a little bit of an epic....even though I was trying to create it instantly....I know I have a thing about wanting to create in one sitting....I don't like a conflict of mood in anyone's paintings so I don't generally like working back into a piece in any massive way....that doesn't stop me from repainting older works....and certainly in that instance, I like the input of over painting an unrelated underpainting as I like this one today....love the colours....whatever they were....




It's very dark in this corner of the studio, but often I do like to create paintings in front of others that I want my current piece to relate to ....have to just be on alert with a cloth to wipe off straying paint !



Over the other side of the studio.....made me think of horizons....I like a horizon....and often create them instinctively.Mmmm can feel a little research coming on ........






This one above and these below are winters landscape studies...just trying them out....painted over unrelated underpaintings....loving them at the moment.....media...all my acrylics that I used for the big one plus acrylic white ink and sepia ink.....just playing in paint whilst thinking wintery landscapes. .... Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't !










No comments:

Post a Comment