Sunday 26 October 2014

Stream of conciousness words about France

Well, always whilst I am painting , words and phrases come into my mind. Randomly. Now, I am able to tone up or tone down the number and frequency of these words. I didn't really want a lot of words popping into my mind whilst I was doing the Daily paintings, I found it distracting, so I really worked on tuning out the words. So now, with going to France, I want to try and use the words to help the paintings. I am doing this because I haven't really been creatively satisfied with the first four paintings I have done on coming back from France. So, here goes.

The colours of France, dulled duck egg blue, cool pale grey, darker , browny grey. Greens that are; pale, washed out, sun bleached, pea greens, cool dark greens, but, as always, the colours vary because of the sun and the light, which was blue light or very pale, bright grey.

The trees have, ' go faster, ' flicks and stripes.
Trees are blobs
The sky covers the vineyards
We whistled through the vineyards
The river lasted forever
There were lines and parcels in the fields
Warmth in the water
Heat in the sun
Comfort in the space

I don't really ever try and make sense of the words that pop into my head.I feel they don't mean anything on their own, without the paint.I often use the words as titles.

There weren't massive tonal changes in and around the countryside - that gives feelings of calm, peace, gentleness, atmosphere. Got it ! It,s exactly that.

Loved it - not too keen on the art in the centre of Agde but he ho , they would probably not be too keen on mine !


No comments:

Post a Comment