Sunday 15 June 2014

Why am I doing a Daily painting project?

Why do a Daily painting project?

Well I wanted to push along my landscape painting, create a new body of work and ultimately increase my income from my art. The best time in my art career was ,having just left Uni, having a studio at Woodend , Mossley, painting loads and selling them at a low price.It was exiting.

Since then, 12 or so years on , I have sold hundreds of paintings,had a few big exhibitions, had a gallery for a while and still enjoyed my painting. As the sale prices of my paintings increased though , the number of paintings I make has decreased because the number of paintings I sell has also decreased.

With the Daily Painting project, I wanted to do quick half hour paintings that I could sell for a reasonable amount . I also wanted to explore new ways of selling the work ,ebay or etsy or a web site.So, some months on I have applied to have a show at Gallery Oldham , started this blog, joined Face book and published my work on Pinterest where I have now over 2,000 followers all over the world.

Presently also exploring daily sketches and original cards.

No comments:

Post a Comment