Sunday 8 June 2014

Daily paintings 65 to 72. 2 nd J une to the 9 th June.I am trying something different with the blog because it's not working so well for me.It just seems to be  the same as pinterest in so much as it had evolved into just a record of the Daily paintings.

So , I think I am going to use the blog as more of a diary.The daft thing is though I am doing a handwritten diary of the project because I do get a lot out of doing that - I almost check where I am up to in the project.

I love doing this Daily painting project. It massively suits my creative process and acknowledges the fact that I do paint every day. I love it. So this week I just knew I had to paint neutrals. It was a big reaction to putting in an application for an exhibition at Gallery Oldham. I felt that I would need some neutral paintings to balance all the more colourful pieces and almost divide up the weekly blocks of paintings.

I love doing the weekly shows, it is achievable and enjoyable. Pure pleasure really. But the paintings are not being critiqued at all by my artist friends, pretty much no one has seen them only family and non artist friends. One friend last week said they sere kind of mood paintings. I can see that.

Remember the aim of theses paintings is to capture in paint , an instant. A time, a place , a mood, a moment.For me they are exactly doing that - well give or take because a lot of them are worked back into. I haven't yet got it down to the half hour instants that I was aiming for. keep trying.

No comments:

Post a Comment