Saturday 10 May 2014

Daily painting no. 32 ( April 2014) Ochreness. Acrylic and gesso over old painting on paper.52 cm.sq.Finally caught up with posting all the daily paintings and will see where this takes the blog. At this stage, I have been looking into the why's and wherefore's of daily painting. Some say that there may be an element of just painting to get one done on the day. Maybe I would agree with that but so what. If you haven't got any discipline or rigour to go in the studio and paint, even if you don't want to, then you won't produce as much work and won't progress.

I can see and feel my progression even after just one month of painting.

If  I go in the studio and don't have an idea to paint or a plan , I mix colours up , often using tubes of paint that I don't like. Metallic blue, for example. Maeve in my art group gave me a big tube of it . I don't like metallic paints in general, but mixing it with vermillion and white produces beautiful deep, warm purples and slatey greys.

No comments:

Post a Comment