Monday 5 May 2014

Daily painting catch up

5th May 2014 Daily painting catch up.I have been making a painting daily since the 6th April. I wanted to try it to move my abstracted landscapes along , to create a new body of work and ultimately to earn more money from my art.

I love to paint so I couldn't see what I had to loose. When I had the idea to create a painting a day , I didn't realise there were so many already doing it. In the first month I have learned so much already.

I seem to want not just to create a painting a day but to create a disply of 8 paintings a week.
I often paint the paintings almost trying to match the previous one. That, I think ,needs to be worked on.
Originally I thought I would title the paintings with the date but soon came to realise that my paintings were not often created in one sitting but a few reworks over a few days. I am still working through that. Initially I wanted to kind of do half hour paintings. We will see.

The paintings need resting time of around a 3 to 5 days before they get the title of painting.I can't let them go before that - I need to live with them. So , for me ,posting them once a week works.

I am calling them Instants because that's what they are. Not sketches because that word almost diminishes them , but instant responses to the landscape, the day, the paint, the mood.I walk then I paint, 2 daily constants.

I need to be more organised with recording, finishing off, signing, storing and I have made great progress on that score because I am motivated to do it.

I started making boards to paint on but within a week had become so fed up of that process I am just painting on paper, Mdf or hardboard now.

No comments:

Post a Comment