Sunday 16 July 2017

Finishing the backs of the paintings

So, I paint on Mdf that I have cut to size at B And Q. I don't put a frame on the back until someone wants one or a gallery wants then. So , this has been this weeks work , putting the backs on lots of paintings for the gallery. It's tedious work so it's worth trying to turn it around for next time and  put the backs on first....try it...


In terms of Art, I want to repaint the paintings in this corner. 12 inch sq , 2 inches deep. I have been looking at the work of Lewis Noble, such energy on the paint surface achieved by painting intuitively, adding collage, working back and back into a surface and lots of scratches and lines. 


So, this below was the first one...For me, a major difference to my working process is to put down a layer of collage , paper, and leave it to dry , working back into it....texture ! Texture! Texture ....


No comments:

Post a Comment